Pages

29/11/2015

Chicken Schnitzel aka chicken chop

Everybody knows that I am not the best when it comes to cooking (I have no idea why it is much easier process) but I have been wanting to make chicken chop ever since I was in Singapore planning to come back here.

So here is my first attempt!


 photo IMG_20151126_185110_zpszgmed9hr.jpg


Not bad eh?

I pretty much saw this on tv and went (ooooh, I wanna make that!) coz all these while the chicken I bake doesn't give a nice crisp as well as I don't need to deep fry this recipe (yay).

 photo IMG_20151126_182657_zpsemcpclpe.jpg photo IMG_20151126_182704_zpsrhramnt2.jpg

 Recipe from allrecipes asia website or if you want to follow how I did it, check further but this time I didn't use much measurements, so the below are just estimates :)




Ingredients

  • 500g of chicken cut into small pieces of your liking
  • 1/2-1 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/2-1 cup flour
  • 1-2 eggs beaten
  • salt and pepper


Method

  1. Pre-heat the oven to 220degC. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper or a small layer of grease.
  2. In a bowl, marinate the chicken pieces with salt and pepper
  3. Heat up a pan with minimum amount of oil
  4. Line 3 separate bowls up in this sequence - flour, egg, breadcrumbs
  5. Grab one piece, cover with flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs before pan frying (must be high heat). About 1min per piece.
  6. Fry until the outer coat is brown and crisp. (we cook the outside first)
  7. Arrange them evenly on the baking tray, bake for 10 mins or less (this cooks the inside)
If unsure, cut the pieces in half to check if it's cooked. My pieces are small so they cook faster.


0 comments:

Post a Comment | Feed



Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^

Powered by BloggerKitchen Virgin til 27 by UsuárioCompulsivo
original Washed Denim by Darren Delaye
Creative Commons License